account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

UEUpdateFailed UE_2005 on my Xperia XZ

Regular
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

UEUpdateFailed UE_2005 on my Xperia XZ

I tried to repair my smartphone with PC Companion and the update failed like expected. Happens nearly every time with sony smartphone. Now i'm not able to start my device and can't attempt an other repair cuz it's saying that the device is locked. But i cannot unlock it, cuz it won't start. Can i throw the smartphone in the trash? Or is there any way to fix it?xperia xz.PNGGreat how adding pictures works here! *facepalm*

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: UEUpdateFailed UE_2005 on my Xperia XZ

@OzzTheBozz 

I'm sorry to hear that, does the phone charge at all? if it does then let it charge for 1-2 hours, make sure to use a wall charger not a computer > then do not try to turn it on, open Xperia Companion > follow the repair steps and see if that does it 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

The phone was/is fully charged. But i have no access to the phone, it's saying "Its' locked!" I needed to click on "allow data transfer" on my phone to connect it with companion. But now i'm not able to do that, because it's not starting due to the failed repair.

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@OzzTheBozz 

if you repaired the phone with Xperia Companion, all your data its gone, if you only updated through Xperia Companion the data should be there, BUT, since it wasn't installed properly you will have to repeat the update/repair process, just keep the phone off and follow the steps 

Does the notification LED turn on (Green) whenever it's connected to 1 a wall charger 2 a computer?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

The notification led is green.

Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@OzzTheBozz 

ok, just run XC > follow the steps to repair the phone > Do NOT connect the phone until you are prompted to do so 

Regular
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Worked finally after 4 failed repair attempts. Connecting the phone after i was prompted to do so was the right hint.

Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@OzzTheBozz 

glad to hear that it's working now Slightly smiling Face