account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Timeshift removed after update to Android 7

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Timeshift removed after update to Android 7

I like the Timeshift features, but it removed after the update to Android 7. Is there anyway I could install it. Try on google store, its not available for Android 7.. What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Timeshift removed after update to Android 7

@Cynthea

Perhaps contact Sony directly >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

That's strange. My phone, XZ, is in 7.1.1 now and I still have the Timeshift Burst. I mean I can still install it on my phone.Screenshot_20170521-001710.png

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XZ (F8332)
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

This is what we got as info:

Starting from Xperia™ XZs, the Add button is no longer available in the camera's CAMERA APPS mode. The reason for removing the feature is that the Camera Add-on API project is no longer being supported and will not get any further updates. This means that no new camera apps will be made available on Google Play™. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I have to admit that im pretty disapointed that timeburst was removed since it was the camera app that I used most frequently on my previous phone the Z1. Are there any plans to reintroduce this feature or some alternative way to get the same functionality without resorting to 3rd party apps? 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

How do i record 720p@120fps videos on my xz premium as there is no timeshift video app... Plz help