account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

The screen turns off during a call, does not respond to any action

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

The screen turns off during a call, does not respond to any action

Отключается экран во время вызова, не реагирует ни на какие действия, даже на кнопку включения. 

The screen turns off during a call, does not respond to any action, even to the power button.

-GT

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: The screen turns off during a call, does not respond to any action

Hi @MCorsa, let me see if I can help out here! 

Your post has been translated to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

There is a sensor at the upper part of your display which detects if your ear is within proximity or not, and if it is then your display will go dark during calls. This is to avoid you accidentally ending calls with your cheek for example. 

Do you have a display protector mounted on your device, or any cover which could cover the sensor? Try removing it in that case to see if the behaviour that you mentioned persists. The easiest way to test the functionality of the proximity sensor is through the support app. Find and tap Settings > Support > Xperia Tests > Proximity sensor.

Try this to begin with and keep me posted with the results! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Никакой плёнки нет. У меня есть подозрение, что этот датчик не работает. Возможно есть способ проверить его работоспособность? Спасибо. 

There is no film. I have a suspicion that this sensor is not working. Perhaps there is a way to check its performance? Thank. - GT

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Thank you @MCorsa for your quick reply!

I have translated your question to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

As previously mentioned, the easiest way to test the functionality of the proximity sensor is through the support app. Find and tap Settings > Support > Xperia Tests > Proximity sensor.

You can also try to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if said behaviour persists there. Safe mode is a troubleshooting mode where all downloaded apps are temporarily deactivated, that way you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here

Let me know how it goes! 

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Спасибо. Тест показал, что не работает датчик приближения. Какие мои возможные действия? 

Thank. The test showed that the proximity sensor does not work. What are my possible actions? - GT

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi again @MCorsa,

I would suggest that you try to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if said behaviour persists there. Safe mode is a troubleshooting mode where all downloaded apps are temporarily deactivated, that way you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here

If the proximity sensor behaves the same way in safe mode, I suggest that you try to repair the software on the phone.  Keep in mind though that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so make sure to do a backup before the repair. 

If none of these measures manages to improve the functionality of the proximity sensor, my suggestion is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have your phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service such as service routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

I hope that helped. let me know if you have any further questions! 

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Спасибо за поддержку. Выяснилось, что у меня плохой контакт с этим датчиком. Сам датчик приближения исправен. Буду снимать дисплей и смотреть причину плохого контакта. Спасибо ещё раз. 

Thanks for the support. It turned out that I have poor contact with this sensor. The proximity sensor itself is working. I will remove the display and watch the cause of poor contact. Thanks again. - GT

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

No worries, @MCorsa!

Let me know if you have any further questions! And again please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.