account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XZs ghost touch

Visitor
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: Sony Xperia XZs ghost touch

It is one of worst phone ever . Why company produce like this device realy i dont know

Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

Heyy since few days this ghost touch issue which was there on GSM_only mode while charging, is no longer there.. Just what I did was changed the Sony adapter with a different 2.0A adapter. Also no difference in charging speed and adaptive charging.

Version: G8232.. OS: 41.3.A.2.149

One time poster
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

Does SONY has a solution to this? Also experiencing this situation whenever im on call or someone called me. Does this something to do with the software update? Its bad.

Learner
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

I delivered my phone to retailer and after two weeks of waiting i received a new XZs since they couldnt fix the ghost touch issues my XZs had. So my best advice is to send it for repairs through the retailer.

Regular
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

Thank you for the workaround, I was really going crazy with this issue while I was on vacation!

One time poster
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

is this still NOT SOLVE? it's really annoying.

I'll try that workaround hope it helps.

One time poster
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

It's been a year now since the first post on this XZs specific thread. Ghost touch issue still occuring with or without workaround. I'm now at Build number 41.3.A.2.223.

I had used Xperia M5, Z5 now XZs and all had issues of some sort, most common is heat. But for XZs ghost touch is the most annoying.

The drawback of sending to authorized Sony service centre is the time it takes to repair and unless they replace with a new set, the waterproofing is always suspect. God knows why I keep using Xperias. Hey Sony, wake up!

Rookie
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

Guys i may have solved my ghost touch problem.

Mine took on after i used a bad and old pair of headphones.

I put a working one and pressed all the buttons (volume up and down and start). Everything working fine in gsm mode, at least for the moment

Rookie
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

problem took place again, nothing solved

One time poster
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Hello,

i have a XZs G8232 here with the same issues with newest Android 8.

I flashed the XZs back to Android 7.1.1 and made a factory reset.

The Problem with Ghost touch is still there wit Android 7.1.1 , so it has nothing to do

with Android Updates.

Also i can confirm as other Users reported that plugging in and out the USB-C cable several times had stopped the issue for a short Time.

Inspecting the USB-C Connector with a Magnifier it looks not clean and this may cause the Problems.

Leaving a USB-C Cable plugged in even not connected the other side in the charger stopped the Problem also.

I think the Power connector wears out or gets defect with the Time and causes the Problem.