account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XZs ghost touch

Learner
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Sony Xperia XZs ghost touch

Since i bought my Sony Xperia XZs two months ago im experiencing screen opening and closing apps on its own constantly. When im answering or receiving calls screen starts to touch random buttons on screen and this is really annoying since sounds quality is terible due to screen touching random buttons on its own. In the beggining it happened rarely but for the last month its happening several times a day. 

I have tried to restart phone and that didnt help. I have no screenprotector on my XZs and i have never dropped it. 

Should i send my XZs for repairsand or contact retailer? Is it related to hardware issues?

I really like my XZs but this is making my life a living  and making me to loose trust in Sony phones in general. 

Best Regards Alvis. 

20 REPLIES 20
Apprentice
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: Sony Xperia XZs ghost touch

I bet you have newest adroid "Oreo"  installed? That causes alot of issues, if you read tis group you see what i mean. Lets hope Sony takes troubles seriously and FIX ALL ISSUES SOON !!!!!!!!!!

Learner
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

i am also facing the same problem from last one month..

i cant do my job properly because of that ..

i have used xperia compenion but problem remains same..

i also dont have answers

Learner
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

I have noticed that after Oreo update battery is draining very fast, and screen problems intesified after oreo update. But i sent my XZs to repairs through retailer. 

One time poster
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Same Problem here. As a work around, you can deactivate GSM for Internet Data Connecrion in the settings, so your phone will only use LTE and UMTS. 

One frequency of GSM causes some issues on the touch sensor of the phone! 

Please fix Sony! 

One time poster
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

I tried software repair still doesn't fix anything. This is very annoying and happened very often.

I'm always on latest software hoping this will be fixed. :-|

Please do something Sony.

Learner
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Disabling GSM internet helps. Unfortunately I only have the option to use 3G for disabling GSM. So no more LTE...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

I encountered the same experience on my XZs, it becomes worst when there is incoming calls. Today just updated to xzs41.3.a.2.149, still problem exists. Hope Sony can solve it asap! It's not a phone now, I cannot pick any calls normally.

Visitor
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

I believe it happens when the phone is connected to "Enhanced GPRS" (E or EDGE). This is also why it often happens when there is an incoming call... if the LTE connection does not have enough strength, it switches to EDGE when there is an incoming call so that the problem suddenly appears.

This solution, suggested by another user on a thread with same topic, seems to work for me:

"go to phone Dialer and tipe  *#*#4636#*#*
Phone Information
Scroll down to network mode and choose "LTE/WCDMA" 
Reboot the phone immediately."

However, I am surprised Sony cannot solve the issue via firmware. The solution above simply does not allow the phone to use EDGE connection. It's a workaround, not a solution. Come on SONY, do something.

Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

So true.. Today only i got this phone updated with all oreo packs.. In gsm mode apps open on its own and ghosttouch can be seen.. I press Z and K types along with it.

Such a clear cut problemwhy cannot Sony recall this handset. Not a cheap phone either. Thousands of bucks in vain