account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Smart dial - not showing previously dialled numbers

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Smart dial - not showing previously dialled numbers

Hello,

I use my phone a lot at work to call people regarding jobs. When I type in the same number the smart dial doesn’t give me the option to select that number again (may have called the number earlier in the day) and only shows saved contacts which means I have to type in the whole number. It is very annoying!

I have searched all options but can’t find anything to indicate why it wouldn’t show previously dialled numbers.

Any help please?

6 REPLIES 6
Pioneer
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart dial - not showing previously dialled numbers

Are you talking about on the "dialer" screen (with the telephone keypad), @2ace?

I just had a look on my Xperia XA1 Ultra, and it's the exactly the same as yours... If I go into "Phone", I have three "tabs" (star/recent calls/contacts, in that order), and if I cick the "dialer" button, I am able to search by typing - but it only appears to search my contacts.

Are you sure it's meant to search recent calls as well?

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

On previous phones I could start typing in a number say 07989 38 and the phone would show these numbers that have previosly dialed so I could just select it to call.

Now I type in a number and it only shows numbers in my contacts and not previously dialled numbers that are not saved in my contacts so I have to type in the whole number everytime.

Pioneer
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@2ace wrote:

On previous phones I could start typing in a number say 07989 38 and the phone would show these numbers that have previosly dialed so I could just select it to call.

Now I type in a number and it only shows numbers in my contacts and not previously dialled numbers that are not saved in my contacts so I have to type in the whole number everytime.

I know my Xperia Z Ultra is like that... But it's a pretty old smartphone now, and a lot has changed in "Xperia" smartphones since.

But I do wonder if this is really such an issue - when I was experimenting on my Xperia XA1 Ultra in order to reply to your original post, I noticed that every time I re-opened the "Phone" application (after it being closed), it would default to the recent calls list (i.e. this is what it would show first)... Irrespective of what "tab" I was in when I previously used "Phone".

Does your smartphone not do this?

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Rookie
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I make nearly 200+ calls a day. it is a massive issue for me as I have to type out the number evetime, it would be great to just start typing the number and it shows me all the nuimbers tha tI have typed in so I dont have to keep typing in the whole number...

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@2ace wrote:

I make nearly 200+ calls a day. it is a massive issue for me as I have to type out the number evetime, it would be great to just start typing the number and it shows me all the nuimbers tha tI have typed in so I dont have to keep typing in the whole number...

Gee, that's a great effort! I think I'd be ready to throw my phone after all that, but I'm sure you have an equally impressive reason for so many calls a day. :smileysmileywink:

Anyway, it looks like the current version of "Phone" no longer supports this functionality.

This leaves you just one option - install an alternative "dialer" from the Google Play Store... I cannot recommend any as I have always stuck with the default dialer, but have a read of their descriptions and reviews, to see if any suit your needs.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi. 

I have purchased Sony xperia xa1 plus a month ago.

The only problem is that the system doesn't remember the dialled nos. (unsaved nos) 

I have to dial full 10 digit no. again to dial the same number.

Pls reply.