account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Red stripes on the photos

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Red stripes on the photos

Hello all, when I use camera menu mode on my new xperia xzs at high shutter speed (250-1000), there will some red stripes appears on the photos, how can I fix it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: Red stripes on the photos

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent_lamp

Look under disadvantages, then flicker problems

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hello @helulu and welcome to the community!

It would be really helpful if you upload a sample photo so we can figure out what's the issue, along with all information about software version and camera mode.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hello, thanks for your reply, below are the red stripe photos

1.jpg2.jpg

Highlighted
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@helulu

This looks strange, are you sure there is nothing stuck to the lens? No badly fitted glass protectors or cases? Were these lines showing since you ever tried this shutter speed or they just started appearing lately?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hello

I'm sure nothing stuck on the len, the red stripe line no just appear on the photos, when I take photos , it also appears on the screen, but only in higher shutter speed with dim environment.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hello

I just found that the red stripe just appear in the low light environment and the red stripes like a scanning line those running on the screen.

Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

It's light phase beat, a common problem with cameras and fluorescent lighting.

I'm assuming the lighting was fluorescent?

To fix it, higher iso or manually adjust shutter so it disappears 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent_lamp

Look under disadvantages, then flicker problems

Apprentice
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hello

Many thanks for your helps

Learner
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

14950017134941064420585.jpgDo you know what is the problem with my XZ Camera p