account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Phonecall is dropped and a playback of the conversation is played

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Phonecall is dropped and a playback of the conversation is played

Hello everybody,

In the past 3 days I had 2 occurrences of an extremely strange event: the phonecall is dropped and a playback of the conversation is played. Here are the circumstances when this happened:

1. It was an International call inside EU

2. Phone was connected to car via bluetooth

3. A "beep like" signal is heard and then the entire call is played back from the beginning

4. The party of the conversation is having the call dropped as well

5. Only the other party conversation is replayed, not my side

6. In one of the events, the party called me back and I had according to my phone 2 active conversations, one was a playback that was on hold for more than 5 minutes and one legitimate.

This is extremely strange up to the point that it makes me wonder about what is crawling in my phone. I have already checked it with an antivirus and whatnot is out there without any indication. I am not a tech illiterate so I can safely say that the phone terminal should not have anything too strange in it.

I have found 2 other strikingly odd similarities on the Google help portal with the exact same behavior but for Google Voice.

I am trying to understand what is going on more than how to fix it (especially if fixing it means to reset to factory defaults). I would appreciate any ideas to dig this up.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phonecall is dropped and a playback of the conversation is played

Hi @restedamoeba, welcome to the community.

I haven't heard of anything like this before Thinking Face

Are you able to replicate it in safe mode?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for taking the time to reply back. I have put it today in safe mode and will try to see if the problem can be replicated or not. From what I have seen it happens on about 40% of the calls. Will reply in a few days with status.

Cheers.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thanks @restedamoeba, let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I have just had exactly the same problem. Xperia Z5

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I know this is an older conversation but wondering if any results were found? Im having the same issue. What I dont understand is everyone else with this issue is either making an International call, using google voice or redirecting the call through bluetooth or another third party device. My calls are to my mother down the street both using att service on cell phones. I hear nothing and realize the call was dropped and call her back and she hears a repeat of my last sentence over and over. It was strange enough to have me search it. Any new info would be appreciated. Thank you.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I am having the same issue. Also international and blue tooth (and i kid you not - a phone call with my mother).

Anybody have a clue what is going on?