account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone not detecting wired headsets

Learner
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Phone not detecting wired headsets

I have the same problem.

Tried 3 different earphones and none work after the update. 

Customer service recommended using the companion to "repair" the software. It didn't work (tried it 3 times) and messed the phone up even further, just spent half a day reinstalling stuff and getting my email to work!!!!!

I'm not impressed, even more so when the customer service can't help me to install a simple pop mail. Only answer I got was "hmmm, I don't know what to do either". I was able to send the phone to Sony but it will take 2 weeks to repair and they have no temp replacement for me??

Got the phone working the way it used to, on my own eventually but still after a half day work. The headphone jack still doesn't work but Sony doesn't seem to have a solution for me.

Help line, yeah right!!!!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Thanks to all of you who provided information about the headsets you've tried to use. This is being looked into and as soon as I have any new information I will let you know here in this topic. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

To add, even Sony XB950BT headphones connected using cable does not work. This is incredible. 

One time poster
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

SENNHEISER MOMENTUM, DOESN'T WORK ON XZS

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

Thanks once again to all of you for providing information about your headsets! This is still being looked into and I'd appreciate if I could get some additional information.

• When the headset is connected to the phone, will any audio be played from the headset before stopping, is it played through the phone's loudspeaker is no sound heard at all?
  • Does this happen every time you the headset is connected?
  • Has the headset in question not been detected by the phone since you started using it, or was it detected at first and stopped at some point?

@EAR212 It seems there are two different versions of the Senheiser Momentum. Do you have the version for iOS version (Momentum I) or Android version (Momentum G)?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

No sound comes through the earphones at all. The phones speaker just keeps playing.

This happens everytime. 

Headphones were fine untill I installed the new os update from Android 

Visitor
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Hej Christopher

My Bowers & Wilkins C5, and my Bose Sports headphones won't work (made for Iphone). All headphones with the third isolating band for controls won't work with the ZXs. When connected you get 2 seconds of music, then it is cut off when it dectects the non-conformity. Nothing comes out of the speakers. All headphones with 2 isolating bands on the plug work. I can get around the problem with it by using a headphone extension cord where the plug has only two isolating bands. But it still unacceptable from Sonys point. I'm afraid I've lost confidence in Sony as I have problems with my camera as well (not new).

The problem started the very first time I used the phone. However before that Sony had updated the software automatically, so what the actual cause is I do not know.

Regards Peter

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

@Rogormortis Thank you for sharing this information! I'm forwarding all information that I'm receiving internally and as soon as I have something new to share I will post here.