account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Navigation Bar Visibility

Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Navigation Bar Visibility

Hi! I'm owner of Sony Xperia XZs. I noticed strange thing with the navigation bar: sometimes it is visible when it shouldn't be. For example this happens on lock screen or somewhere else with grey background like in one of display tests which are available via engineering menu. When I say 'visible' I mean I can see the rectangular of navigation bar which differs from the background, and buttons 'Back', 'Home' and 'Recent apps'. It looks like they're being drawn underneath the external layer which is somewhat transparent. This issue occurs after I've used some application in which navigation bar is totally black and contrast. It looks like some post-image remains until it fades out or is re-drawn.

Not sure whether this is 'feature' or 'bug' but I haven't noticed it before. Changing desktop theme, rebooting the device and repairing it via Xperia Companion didn't help.

I'd apperciate if someone helps to understand the nature of this issue and how to fix it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Navigation Bar Visibility

can you post a screenshot?
Apprentice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

It is absent on screenshot. So I made a photo. https://ibb.co/noUnoa

It is of poor quality but you can seen darker rectangular zone in the bottom part. It's size corresponds to the size of navigation bar. There are also "Back", "Home" and "Recent apps" buttons visible on that darker zone but you can barely see them on the photo. I can try to make a better foto tomorrow if needed.

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

looks like a hardware issue. perhaps you should try contacting your local support and telling them about the screen ghosting issue you're experiencing.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I see. Thank you! Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Update.

Started googling 'screen ghosting' and found related topic: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZs/XZs-ghosting-burn-in/td-p/1230102. Looks similar to my issue. Posting it just in case someone finds my topic and doesn't find that one.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Yes...did you buy it in Germany?

Apprentice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Nope. I bought it in Ukraine. However it seems XZs model is not being sold officially in my country. If I'm not mistaken the device I've bought contains firmware for Hong Kong region.