account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My device is XZ. It's headphone socket doesn't detect the headphone plug

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: My device is XZ. It's headphone socket doesn't detect the headphone plug

Hi @Bp11,

The first things you should do is:

1. Try your earphones/headphones/headset with another mobile device and see if they work.

2. Try a different set of earphones/headphones/headsets with your smartphone (preferably more than one) and see if they work.

I would also recommend that you try Safe Mode, and see if your earphones/headphones/headset works.

Please post back here and let us know how you went.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

The same thing here. I e-mailed the support a couple of months ago with this issue and got these questions.

This did not help at all. They sent me another headset which did not work either. 

I then got the suggestion to download the app Soundabout (an app from a third party so that your phone could work like it is supposed to from the start?! Really?!). This acctually worked.

Until today!!!

Soundabout crashes all the time with the new Android softwareupgrade.

So now I have the same issue again. 

The headphone/headset jack does not work! And months have gone and wherever I look for help I read about more people with the same problems and issues.

So what are we supposed to do now?? 

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Really? Help.