account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

If your screen breaks your warranty is VOID

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

If your screen breaks your warranty is VOID

I have this in writing from the Sony service center. They won't fix your screen, even for a fee, so you have to get it fixed elsewhere. Then once it's been fixed elsewhere the phone is considered to be modified, voiding the warranty.

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: If your screen breaks your warranty is VOID

@cupboy 

I'm sure there's more to it, what was the reason for not fixing the screen to begin with? and yes, if you get it repaired somewhere else or DIY it will void the warranty 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@uliwooly wrote:

@cupboy 

I'm sure there's more to it, what was the reason for not fixing the screen to begin with? and yes, if you get it repaired somewhere else or DIY it will void the warranty 

Sony does not fix broken screens. You have no choice but to get it done at one of those little shops at the mall, or in my case, an independent shop inside a WalMart.

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@cupboy 

let me escalate this and figure out why they aren't offering to repair devices, are you in the US?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@uliwooly wrote:

@cupboy 

let me escalate this and figure out why they aren't offering to repair devices, are you in the US?

USA

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hi @cupboy, sorry to hear about your screen being broken. Slightly frowning Face

As this is a Global user based forum and the routines for service/warranty will vary between markets, get in touch with your Local support team on the link below and they will have all the necessary information available and will be able to answer all your questions.

https://support.sonymobile.com/us/contactUs/

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Local Support Team is who told me I can not get service from Sony for a broken screen or any other reason other than warranty-covered issues. I should have just thrown the phone out when the screen got broken. I would have come out ahead. I received a survey from Sony. I told them that their products should be withdrawn from the USA market.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission using their website. If anyone else has a problem with Sony honoring a warranty the FTC number is 877-382-4357 (or just file it on the site).

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hi again @cupboy!

I see, thank you for this information!

That is quite different from the warranty terms and service routines in the market where I'm situated.

Now we both know how it works at least, but I completely understand your situation and that you are not very happy with this.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.