account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Hdcp errors

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Hdcp errors

Not connected with my miracast certified TV..... Gives hdcp error.. Only some apps are working.. Videos are not working.. Help me.. 

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hdcp errors

Hi @Cutemsr, welcome to the community.

Screen mirroring not supported when playing movies with HDCP content. I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

So what is the solution for this.. 

Rookie
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Sir I always get hdcp error when I want to connect my Wi-Fi miracast certified TV.. Like you can only mirror music, settings etc.. So please disable hdcp check from my phone.. 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Cutemsr, it can not be disabled I am afraid.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I have thesame problem  with mirror from my SONY XPERIA XZ PREMIUM to my Tv Philips  , when i want contect my SONY XPERIA XZ PREMIUM by mirror with tv show me HDCP ERROR AND disconnects . I dont want root my Phone, SONY TM' HOW CAN I RESOLVED MY PROBLEM????? Help me here please! !!!!

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Same here... Only some apps are working like music, settings and my home screen... When I trying to open some apps like YouTube or browser it's stopped. Please help