account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Fingerprint sensor not working

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Fingerprint sensor not working

Screenshot_20190206-232920.png

Screenshot_20190206-232233.png

My fingerprint sensor aren't working..

I did restart my phone, clean the sensor, clear my internal storage, delete all the registered fingers, yet non of them help..

The moment I tried to register my finger, one of those two notifications(refer photo) popped out..

There's time when it says something about fingerprint hardware problem..

Anyone know how to solve this..

This occur after I updated my software to 41.3.A.2.192

I noticed that the Xperia Tests no longer includes the fingerprint sensor in its test list..

Is this fingerprint problem an intentional or what?

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fingerprint sensor not working

I have this problem too, but Sony cant help with this problem...

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Apparently U.S government doesn't allow Sony to sells phones equipped with fingerprint sensor, security concerns or whatever reason.. so instead of remove the sensor from the phone, Sony decided to disable the function in latest software updates..

The thing is, I'm not even in USA!

I paid for this function and suddenly you decided to take it away without any consensus

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Aziz_ 

you might not be in the USA but did you bought the phone in the US? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@uliwooly 

I bought it at a Sony retail store in Malaysia. Never been to US btw..

Maybe they imported the phone from US, who knows..

Maybem of products shared the same batch number as mine are exported to US and some to other countries, so when they tried to solve the issue, they send the software update to the batch affected.

Also, it could be that the software update is the same for all, they just disable the function in the latest update..

From the IMEI number, it's manufactured in Germany. So from here, how can you help to solve the issue?

“argy bargy just isn't worth the hassle, to be honest..” Google Assistant (2016-Present)