account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cracked screen - Is the only option to dispose of the phone?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Cracked screen - Is the only option to dispose of the phone?

Apparently nobody repairs Sony phones, only iPhones (OK, now I know why iPhones are more popular), so is the only option to destroy the XZs and just toss it in the trash? These cost $500 to replace with an equivalent currently-available model and I just bought it around May of 2018. I didn't have an option to buy a protection plan since I bought it from an Amazon Seller (bad idea!). Gorilla glass? HA HA HA. Can't take a 3-foot drop onto cement while completely enclosed in a case.

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cracked screen - Is the only option to dispose of the phone?

Hi @cupboy1 and welcome to the Support Forum! Slightly smiling Face

I'm very sorry to hear about the cracked screen on your XZs

Generally we have selected service partners for each market who are authorized to perform repairs such as change of display. I would suggest that you contact your local support team for further instructions on how to send your device to an authorized service center.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.