account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Changin Service provider, can not open the phone, Mc Affee locks the phone under PIN I do not know

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Changin Service provider, can not open the phone, Mc Affee locks the phone under PIN I do not know

Hello

Changin Service provider, can not open the phone, Mc Affee locks the phone under PIN I do not know. What to do? None of manyfacturere, Serivice Providers or MC Afee have noit Helped me yeat.

Kindly Rizzu.

3 REPLIES 3
Visitor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changin Service provider, can not open the phone, Mc Affee locks the phone under PIN I do not kn

Phone Experis XZs. Providers Elisa (old), Telia (new). MC Affee security provider.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Changin Service provider, can not open the phone, Mc Affee locks the phone under PIN I do not kn

try to revert back to the last time you were able to open the device. disable Mcafee av then uninstall,. before you change your service provider. if not, try to check your email registered for mcafee to see there is an option to unlock the device

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Rizzu, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this issue Slightly frowning Face

Because Mcafee is a third party product there's not much that we can do here. I have found this information on the Mcafee website though, I hope this helps.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?articleId=TS101258&_afrLoop=29436078...

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.