account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 8.0 Oreo on Xperia XZs

Regular
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Android 8.0 Oreo on Xperia XZs

Hi,

I have some question for Sony. I hoped that Oreo bring burst mode to Xperia XZs camera. I realy miss the brust mode and I can't even instal Timeshift Burst. But after updating, there still isn't. Will you plan to add burst mode in future.

Next one is about 4K video. I again obtain 4K video app and the 4K option isn't part of video bar. Is it correct?

Last one is about front facing camera. Do we obtain the flash via display? 

Thank you for your response.

Lukas

22 REPLIES 22
Adviser
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo on Xperia XZs

Many features are dropped

i hate that 4K app

and one new problem arise on my phone.  rattling noises in Top speaker in certain songs when audio content and volume is less in songs like in starting portion or end potion.

also did you notice adaptive light become super fast.  making it annoying like screen change light so fast like strobe lights

Learner
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

Android Oreo on Xperia XZs

Hello Everyone
I received Oreo update on my Xperia XZs today and updated it! XZs camera distortion solution feature has been provided but the 3D creator or the Bursting mood is nowhere to be found even though XZs has the same camera as XZ Premium, XZ1 or XZ1 Compact! This is so disappointing!

Besides, there is a new notification window appearing in the notification bar regarding "which apps are running in the background" and I cannot remove this, only disabbling those apps make it dissappear but that's not an option! Can anyone please tell me how to remove this feature?

Thank you

Emperor
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

Re: Android Oreo on Xperia XZs

@Galib6661

That's standard with Oreo 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

Re: Android Oreo on Xperia XZs

And maybe Predictive Capture of smile is missing too.

I think that XZs has Motion Eye Camera, but it don't have Motion Eye functions.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

You have problem with this, I agree with you.But I didn't get the Oreo, I don't know what to think bout it?!Screenshot_20171125-111212.png

Screenshot_20171125-111234.png

Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

@Daniel168

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

Really thanks for help,but now after 2 days I still don't have it🤔😶

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

Since OREO 8.0.0, the WIFI icon changes on network activity, which shifts the alarm clock icon... Pretty annoying.videotogif_2017.12.01_19.16.40.gif

Model G8232, Build 41.3.A.0.401

Regular
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

Same for mobile data but I'm used to it now.