account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

music player will not connect to car via bluetooth

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

music player will not connect to car via bluetooth

Hi just switched to the XZ3  and the music player will not connect ot my car, the phone works as a phone but nothing else.  anyone else had this and got a fix?

Cheers in adavance

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: music player will not connect to car via bluetooth

@WebGnome 

Is your car bluetooth compatible with audio/media or just phonecalls, keep in mind that there are some cars that won't allow media unless you are using an iOS device. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi uliwooly thanks for the response yes my car does accept media I have used a Huawei p9 and an Xperia z1 successfully in this way (both Android. Which makes the difficulty even more perplexing... 

Highlighted
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

When the phone is connected to the car, try opening the bluetooth-settings (longpress on bluetooth-icon in status bar) then press on the gear-icon next to the car.

There you can switch the functionality (phone calls, media, contacts) aso. Everything should be switched on.

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the reply  but all three switches are set to on. 

Pioneer
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi @WebGnome 

I'will dive into this this evening.

Used to have a better relationship between my car and the phone's music app than I have now.

I'll come back on it later.

I have been trying and figuring out.

Found out that AVRCP version does make that big difference.

I have tried restarting the device after switching AVRCP, clearing BT cache & data et cetera.

One thing that can trigger a good connection is to have it settle one time by just starting the music app and play, stop it from the car's console and it will restart again after switching of the car, waiting 2 minutes to let the car's computers switch itself off, restarting the phone and o wonder.

Starting music from the car's console fired up the music app and there was music.

After resetting the lot and re-initiating BT and the BT-car connection it once again failed.

There is something that makes it tick, I'm just wondering what it is.

In my car a new BT connection with the phone is best made by not letting the car search the phone but set the car into BT receiving mode and find the car with the device.

Anyway, I found out that when you try some different options there will be music.

Tomorrow I'll test again. Maybe this was just a positive hickup.

Hoping for the best.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Thank you so much for the work you have put in to this, apologies for my slow reply - life often presents different problems....

You mention resetting the AVRCP, was that on the vehicle or the phone?  Also clearint the BT cache -  same question?

Thanks again.

Mike

Pioneer
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Delete cache and data from BT on phone, then delete phone on your car BT.

After that make phone visible in settings and let car search for phone.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't