account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

fast charger compatibility for xz3

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

fast charger compatibility for xz3

Hello,

I just bought the Xperia XZ3, now I want to buy a fast charger but dont know which one I should get. I also read that the XZ3 doesnt support QC3 anymore? Can somebody help me chose the charger that gives me the fastest charging time?

Thankyou.

P.S. I also read that there will be a new fast charger coming early 2019, Should I wait on that one to come out?

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: fast charger compatibility for xz3

Hi @SDK98, welcome to our forum!

The Xperia XZ3 does not support Qualcomm Quick charging as you mentioned, however it does support USB Power Delivery (PD). The UCH32C is a certified USB Power Delivery (PD) Charger up to 18W.

As this is a Global used based forum, I'm afraid that I don't know if this charger is available in your market yet, but if the Xperia store is available in your market, you can take a look there or check with  other retailers.

I hope that helps and a great weekend! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hello @Jonas,

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately the UCH32C isnt available in my country (The Netherlands) yet. Do you know if its a (safe) possibility to use a 3rd party charger that also supports PD? Or should I just buy the most recent fast charger from sony available in my country and wait for the UCH32C to hit the market? I just want my sony to charge faster (QC 2.0 will do then).      Have a nice weekend also! Greetings 

Adviser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@Jonas wrote:

The UCH32C is a certified USB Power Delivery (PD) Charger up to 18W.

Does anyone know the difference in the time of charging 0-100% between the mentioned chanrger and the kit one?
I cannot find any results/tests.

Pioneer
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Ibnpetr ;

According to this video from Sony Xperia Taiwan they charged the XZ3 from 1 to 70% in 55 minutes.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hi again @SDK98!

Oh, I see, hopefully it will be available in The Netherlands soon!

You can still use a PD charger from a different brand if you want, but I only have information about the charging W and so on regarding the UCH32C, but as far as I know, the PD charging standard is kinda the same as for QI, as long as the charger is certified for PD, it should work just fine.

@Ibnpetr, I'm afraid that I don't have any information about this and the charging time will most likely be a bit different if the device is turned off when it's charging, if a game is being played and so forth, but you can always take a look at the video that @NunoSEN2 linked.

@NunoSEN2, awesome find, thanks mate! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I would strongly advise to AVOID Sony charger (UCH32C). It will be way, way overpriced and cost around €50. For that proice you can ger a very decent Anker PD charged with several ports that also supports Quickcharge 3.0.

Also, I don't think it's worth it as someone already tested that and it looks like the gain is very small.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ3/Power-Delivery-Charger/m-p/1353034#M604

Sony's is known for its greed, don't fall for that...

Pioneer
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Sensination, please view my post in this thread regarding the possible gain with the UCH32C (video from Sony Taiwan).

Regarding the link you posted it refers a test with a Anker charger not the UCH32C.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I use Omars powder delivery charger (45W). U can get it on amazon, you can also check for Anker brand .