account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xz3 waterproofing

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Xz3 waterproofing

Hello,

As i previously owned a Z and a Z2 which i often used them.for underwater snapshots, i was/am curious about testing xz3 underwater capabilities. I startrd mild splashing it. Then, the next Day put it under the water tap. The following day i dunked him.slowly and put him under the water tap on a higher water flow.

Then i got it out, wiped all the water and got out the sd slot for checking. Seems that it had water droplets on the first step of the rubber cover. 

Now, i do not know how to explain it better. At z2, the presence of water drops on the SIDE of the rubber, was normal, as the slots of the phone were having another step, which the bottom.of the rubber protected. But looking inside the xz3 i do not see a step into the inside of the phone, on.which the ruber should be pressed against, for water protection. Anyone knows, or has seen a dissassembled xz3?sketch-1543768624515.png