account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xz3. Screen off. Freezed after lock. Help me

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xz3. Screen off. Freezed after lock. Help me

sometimes when i lock the phone and i try to unlock it seems to be freezed: the screen doesn't turn on when i press buttons and this situation last for about  10 seconds. Anyone else with my problem? I dont know what can be the reason. My xz3 is new and it works really good and fast despite this little problem. Hope someone can help me. Thank. Filippo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Re: Xz3. Screen off. Freezed after lock. Help me

I understand, this sounds like either the phone is doing something in the background which occupies the CPU and makes waking up slow and sluggish or there is problem with waking up the CPU from hibernation.

As I said, I didn't encounter this issue not even once during my 7 weeks with the XZ3.

If it's happen only sometimes it shouldn't be a hardware failure either.

My suggestion would be to wait for the latest Firmware to hit 52.0.A.3.84 and see if the issue is gone.
If not then a software repair and only installing the most important apps may help. I still think that an app may be the cause for this.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

I've the same issue. Not sure what causes it. 

Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I just got mine 2 weeks ago and experienced this a couple times the first few days. It eventually came back to life but very frustrating. I feel the touch screen is not as responsive as I was used to with my iPhones. It's like it just momentarily freezes while it's thinking. Not what you'd expect from a brand new phone! 

Learner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

This happened 3/4 times since i use it. I hope it's only a bug or a software problem that can be fixed with some updates. If it's an hardware problem....... As you said it's not what you expect from a brand new phone! 

Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I had the same experience twice, once with xperia xz3 and once with xz premium, just hours after Android 9 update. Never experienced that with Android 8 on the xz premium, which makes me believe that it is a android 9 issue. 

Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I noticed this when I first started using XZ3, but I haven't (fingers crossed) seen it since the last update.

What build numbers are you on?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Fortunately, I've never had this issue since I bought the XZ3 six weeks ago.

Could it be related to an incompatible app with Android 9? Last time I've encountered crashes and problems with Android was the update to Android 8 where my RSS Reader causes freezes and whatnot.

Learner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

@viridis wrote:

I noticed this when I first started using XZ3, but I haven't (fingers crossed) seen it since the last update.

What build numbers are you on?

52.0.A.1.220

Do you think is something that can be fixed with some updates? Yesterday it happened again.

Learner
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I don't think it is something related to crashes...  when the phone is in standby it requires more time to unlock and it does no response for about 10 seconds..  Like it is sleeping

@skycamefalling wrote:

Fortunately, I've never had this issue since I bought the XZ3 six weeks ago.

Could it be related to an incompatible app with Android 9? Last time I've encountered crashes and problems with Android was the update to Android 8 where my RSS Reader causes freezes and whatnot.

Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I understand, this sounds like either the phone is doing something in the background which occupies the CPU and makes waking up slow and sluggish or there is problem with waking up the CPU from hibernation.

As I said, I didn't encounter this issue not even once during my 7 weeks with the XZ3.

If it's happen only sometimes it shouldn't be a hardware failure either.

My suggestion would be to wait for the latest Firmware to hit 52.0.A.3.84 and see if the issue is gone.
If not then a software repair and only installing the most important apps may help. I still think that an app may be the cause for this.