account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ3 will not play video

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XZ3 will not play video

Hi there!

Anyone who has a solution on this problem? Recently my XZ3 won't play videos anymore. Restart was not enough... Thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XZ3 will not play video

I'm having the same problem. Just got a new xz3 and it wont play any of the mp4 videos I had saved on a memory card from my z5.  Is there a solution to this?

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XZ3 will not play video

Did you ever get a reply to this or get the problem sorted?

Seems to happen to me with anything which is over 1gb and saved to memory card. I have tired copying the same videos to the internal memory and this doesnt solve the problem and have tried a restart. Have also tried different apps other than the standar movie player on the phone. It doesnt show the mp4's as videos which can be played though they are visable on file commander. All my software is up to date an have searched google for a solution. There are other videos I have which play off the memory card. is there even an sony app/program that will convert it if it is the codecs that the video file use. I dont have a problem playing the files on any other devices.