account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ3 UPDATES

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XZ3 UPDATES

Just bought an xz3 from us via amazon and brought to India for  use. The problems

1. Sw  Version is 52.0.A.1.220- no October updates availabile

2. Screen does not turn on from sleep on power button press or dedicated camera key or double tap often. Turns on automatically after sometime.

3. Camera quality is awful. Full of problems either the focus or noise. Front camera never ever focuses and outputs blur image.

4. The nasty keyboard is inserting a word twice when selecting from the suggestions or while sliding input.

Im fed up. 

It took me 16 Mins to type this because of the wierd keyboardkeyboard behavior.

Another 3 minutes forfor this line. See the repeating word for. It happens alwaaaaaaaayssss.

What should i do..?

I boughtbought this phonephone only  because i am a sony fan and had faith that it would turn out to be a good phonephone eveneven though not best

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XZ3 UPDATES

Two options:

1. You have installed something which is permanently hogging the CPU-power.

--> start your phone in secure mode (when switching off the phone long-press on the shutdown-icon) and see if the issue persists

--> run a Software repair via PC Companion 

2. It's a faulty device, ask for an exchange.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XZ3 UPDATES

I didnot install any software. It's just out of the box experience i'm talking about.

In using this phone in India. Can i get an exchange in India or do i need to return it to US?

Any idea why the October update is not available for me? Do i need to use a US proxy?

This message is being typed from my xperia z2 which has not failed until now except the battery.