account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ3 Android Pay

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

XZ3 Android Pay

I used Android Pay a lot on my XZ2 and Z5, but my XZ3 won't let me continue with my account or even set up from scratch.

The page where I agree to T&Cs and the card details being correct completely freezes. I can't click 'more', none of the blue links work and it won't even shut down by pressing the 'X'.

I've gone through my phone and software, completely reset the handset and tried setting it up first (before the SIM even) spent over a month going back and forth with Google and they say it must be the XZ3 and I'm to contact Sony.

What's going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Learner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: XZ3 Android Pay

Same here, want to pay, but hey, I can't turn on NFC.. Restart helps.

XZ3 is beautiful, but inside, in software there's so many little bugs...

I'm just waiting for Android 10 and if nothing changes, I'll just sell the phone and never buy Sony againSlightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

You need to use simcard nr 2. 

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

That's not the issue here, but yes, the 3 seems so much glitchier than previous Sonys.

It works now, however. Accepted my card and has let me pay using it. Seems to have cleared up on its own. So, I hope the software updates sort yours out too.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Not an option on this model. A lot of UK handsets have the tray blocked up for some reason. No idea why πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ