account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

WiFi calling xz3

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

WiFi calling xz3

I can't see the WiFi calling option in the settings on my xz3. 

Is this coming in an update or am I missumi something? 

6 REPLIES 6
Pioneer
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: WiFi calling xz3

For WiFi calling you could search the internet, for VoIP you can read here.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Rd1988 ;

Regarding Wifi Calling (VoWifi) please read this.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Rd1988, welcome to our forum!

The Xperia XZ3 supports Wi-Fi calling, but there are a few more conditions that must be fulfilled.

• your operator and subscription (incl. SIM card) must support Wi-Fi Calling for the device model you're using.
  • depending on operator, your phone must sometimes be operator-branded and/or use operator-customised system software.
  • your phone must be in range of a Wi-Fi network.

The setting for Wi-Fi calling can be found if you open up the Phone application > tap the three dots in the top right corner > SettingsCalls > Wi-Fi Calling. If Wi-Fi Calling isn't available, contact your network operator.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your reply.

The WiFi calling option isn't in the call settings though. 

It has been activated on my account by my provider. 

I'm a bit lost now 

Pioneer
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Rd1988, you probably need an operator costumized firmware in your device for the option to be available. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi again @Rd1988!

I agree with what @NunoSEN2 wrote. Get in touch with your operator and they should be able to tell you exactly which requirements that needs to be fulfilled in order for you to use Wi-Fi calling on your Xperia XZ3, but in most cases, it's a specific customization of the software. For example, the device has to be bought from the operator that offers the service so it has their customization of the software.

Keep us posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.