account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

What is Smart launch?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

What is Smart launch?

Hello everyone!

Smart launch is a new feature on the Xperia XZ3 and you can read more about it here.

Please let us know what you think about this new feature! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Adept
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: What is Smart launch?

This feature is absolutely superfluos.

It´s ridiculous, unneeded and distracting.

Sorry, but who needs a camera self activating if it is pulled out of pocket, when there are several other possibilities to turn on camera. Including a dedicated camera switch.

For me this feature doesn´t make sense. Would be nice if you don´t sprip good features like xperia Actions and Xperia Backup.

Kind regards 

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Can Smart Launch be deactivated?

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@airscrew wrote:

Can Smart Launch be deactivated?

Yes it can, in camera, open the settings and scroll down, there you will find options for smart launch.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

This is really bad implemented...My phone was completely quiet on top of a table, and without nobody touching it in any way the screen was waking up randomly without any apparent reason.  After some time I found out that was the movement on the front camera that was triggering the waking up and after losing even more time I reached to this feature, disabled it and everything is ok!!! If you want to turn on the camera after lifting up the phone and holding it horizontally at least check the sensors to see that there was movement (preferably using a signature for the movement with some standard deviation) and DO NOT rely on the camera movement only.

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

that's what Smart Launch is already doing - it's supposed to detect the phone's movement as if it's taken out of the pocket and held in horizontal orientation. as far as I know it's supposed to learn your habits and your movement so perhaps you just need it to give it some time.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hello,

The smart launch is a Camera app feature allowing you to launch the camera and take a picture when lifting up and holding the device in landscape view and aiming it towards an object. The smart launch will work even from the lock screen or a turned off the screen.

You should try that feature via  Camera > settings icon (cogwheel) > Smart launch.

Thanks and Regards

Afflospark