account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

What is Side sense?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

What is Side sense?

Hello everyone!

Side Sense is a new feature on the Xperia XZ3 and you can read more about it here.

Please let us know what you think about this new feature! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: What is Side sense?

I think it works pretty well in some cases, in others, like camera use, I've had to disable it as I found myself accidentally setting it off and recording floors etc 

In the main ui tho, yh I kinda like it

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I like the idea, however I can't get used to the double tapping. 

More often it's activated when I don't want it. Just by holding the phone. So it's off for me at mo 

I would probably use it more if we can change the option to slide in from the edge to bring it up. 

Adviser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

unfortunately with the cover does not work Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

side sense is the new feature

Visitor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I use a high number of apps on my phone. Now if I install one more, regardless of what kind, the side sense terminates, can't be stopped,  ... until the app is de-installed.

I tried de-installing some apps prior to installing a new one - to no avail. 

Is there any help? I'd appreciate it. 

Commissioner
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Side Sense is a half baked feature that is practically unusable in real world conditions...

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

It doesn't work when we use a case and it means we should expose our phones to damages if no case used. Meanwhile, Samsung idea of side edge is better and more user friendly by sliding from left to right or vice versa.

Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Well, with the case I'm using it works and the case also protects the phone. You shouldn't blame Sony for the casemakers' incompetence. 

I barely use the feature, though, as it only shows Apps. I would prefer it to show my favourite contacts or music controls. 

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

It works well with my Style Cover Touch (SCTH70).

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.