account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Vertical pink line down xz3 screen

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Vertical pink line down xz3 screen

I've only just had  Xz3 and I have an intermittent pink line down the screen. I took a screen shot to show the store but it doesn't show on the picture. The store seem to think this is a software issue ,has anyone else had this? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Vertical pink line down xz3 screen

That's a hardware defect, one of the pins for the screen seem to be broken/wobbly. That's why it's not present on the screenshot and therefore cannot be a software fault.

Get your phone exchanged. 

Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I would agree that if possible, look at exchanging it at the retailer, if that is not possible, get in touch with your sony mobile local support for options.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

can you post a photo of it? (obviously not a screenshot)

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

received_369547830449881.jpeg

Here's a picture of it .O2 are saying they'll replace it so I'm going in tomorrow

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

First time user of Xperia phone.
I just ceated an account to report the issue and found some else is having the same issue.

I don't have camera with me right now (other than XZ3 itself), so I can post it, but my XZ3 have exact same problem.

The location of pink line is a bit futher left in my case.

I'll bring it back to the store tomorrow.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I have a green line but same fault Screenshot_20181114-161603.png

kl0
One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I have the same issue.