account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Transferring SD card back to phone memory

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Transferring SD card back to phone memory

Sure, you can just copy/paste the files from the SD card to your internal phone storage.

Do it via a computer or use a file manager to do it directly from the phone.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Stephenr73can you elaborate?

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Sure i have an SD card filled with video clips and i would like to know how and if i can transfer them back on to my Xperia X3 which as more memory space than my old Xperia XZ phone 

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Sure, you can just copy/paste the files from the SD card to your internal phone storage.

Do it via a computer or use a file manager to do it directly from the phone.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Ok thanks didn't think of that but as i am not technically minded it might not be as easy as that i will give it a go though 

Pioneer
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Stephenr73

When you transfer to computer and back the time stamp will change to the current date.

For file transfer on my phone I use Total Commander, but there are many, many file managers.

The pro of Total Commander that it comes without any advertising or buying enhanced properties.

In fact a good choice is when you search Google for "android open source file manager"

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't