account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony xz3 issue

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony xz3 issue

This is driving me nuts. My sony xz3 is in a cover wallet. My problem is it appears every time I stop using my mobile and put it down, I catch the side sensor. That in itself isn't a problem, but what is the issue, it makes random phone calls. I am forever apologising by text to whoever is in my phone book. I have closed all open windows. Can you help please. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony xz3 issue

@Michelle65 

I'm assuming that your phone doesn't have a pin and that's why it dial whenever you put it down?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I use my finger on the back, and pin, face recognition etc. It seems to be if I hold my mobile and the side sensor activates a person in my phone book. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Michelle65 

I don't have this Xperia so I can't walk you step by step but perhaps the issue has to do with Side Sense

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz3/userguide/using-side-sense/

maybe you can disable the phone app from it

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)