account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony theme engine

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Sony theme engine

Does Xperia XZ3 support Sony's Theme Engine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Re: Sony theme engine

Hello everyone, I apologize for the late reply.

Please take a look at the link below for more information regarding Themes in the Xperia XZ3.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz3/faq/category/8019307402e887a420165e528f2ae006238/

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

I'll see if I can find this out.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

No it doesn't and that is disappointing. I have several paid themes and when attempting to download it states your device is not compatible with this version  There also is no option to change theme in home settings. Lastly when using "What's New" app and hitting, take me to my themes, there is no response  I hope Sony intends to update the theme engine if Pie allows it. 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

This was not Sony who removed it. Android 9.0 Pie does no longer support themes. 

Visitor
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I have also noticed that

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Re: Android 9

The biggest loss is the removal of themes in the XZ3, madness!! 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

All Themes published by Xperia don't work on XZ3 as themes but simple background images

When are the Sony apps going to become compatible with the new version of Android?

Where are we supposed to report bugs to Sony?

That should be obvious, Google has an effective bug reporting regime in their software, Sony prefers to fly blind.

#sonyflagship

Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Re: All Themes published by Xperia don't work on XZ3 as themes but simple background images

I found this on the support site that may answer this question.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz3/faq/category/8019307402e887a420165e528f2ae006238/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Re: All Themes published by Xperia don't work on XZ3 as themes but simple background images

So, themes can not be applied to XZ3? 

Xperia Lounge suggested that the ultime theme is tested on XZ3 too: how is it possible?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hello everyone, I apologize for the late reply.

Please take a look at the link below for more information regarding Themes in the Xperia XZ3.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post