account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony phones are being sent out not sealed

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Sony phones are being sent out not sealed

Anyone having the same problem when they get a Sony or any phone really deliverd from Sony, carphone etc the actual phone box comes without no seals?

Spoke to them on phone there useless you go around on circles people say its ment to and some people say its not suppose to as security check inside the box

7 REPLIES 7
Learner
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sony phones are being sent out not sealed

It make u wonder if there sending out referbished phones

Pioneer
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

You're not alone

XZ2 Premium

XZ1

XA1

Maybe you can find a common background for unsealed devices.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

My XZ3 was not in a sealed box, however I know this is quite often normal from some places especially ones I've bought In UK.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Xxelenaxx wrote:

It make u wonder if there sending out referbished phones

Not likely on release day. Plus the previous seals would have the void label residue behind.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Learner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Same I got XZ3 and had nothing and box was damage 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Mine wasnt sealed. Most likely because they often get them out of the boxes to show customers in store. That, and i had a sticker on mine saying that o2 have took my chaging block. For some reason.. 

Still, the phone itself was unused and still had the plastic wrapping all over it. So im not worried. 

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@Vildar wrote:

... and i had a sticker on mine saying that o2 have took my chaging block. For some reason.. 

A practice that they state is " for environmental reasons" as "most people have a usb charging block"...

Funnily enough, they never seem to remove them from the iPhone or Samsung boxes..... Funny that...