account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia XZ3 Smart Style Cover Touch SCTH70

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Sony Xperia XZ3 Smart Style Cover Touch SCTH70

Hello

Today I received my new sony xperia xz3 with the Sony Smart Style Cover touch SCTH70. I'm very confused because with the cover I can't use the frontcamera, because the hole for the camera is to much on the left?. Is this normal?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sony Xperia XZ3 Smart Style Cover Touch SCTH70

According to other users on Amazon, the front camera should NOT be covered and still be usable with the touch cover.

Can you post a photo of the issue?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Omg, the images online seem to show just that, the cover has a slit only for the sensors, but not the camera. And it's also weirdly so big that it cuts into the screen.

I bought one too, from the Sony store and it's arriving tomorrow. 50-something £ lol. Now I'm worried.

One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

sketch-1539766794284.png

Camera is where the orange is. Sony store said they'd replace but didn't confirm that the design is wrong or right. To me this looks wrong. 

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I think you are right, looking at the review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITfeK1Gy2pU it seems that the Style cover only has a cutout where the proximity sensor is.

So to use the front camera you'll have to open the flap.

(It's interesting, though, that many amazon customer claim that the front cam is free).

I personally wouldn't mind, I see no reason to use the front camera anyhow.

If for you this is a letdown I recommend returning the cover.

In today's video we'll be taking a look at easily one of the best sony xperia xz3 cases around in the form of the official sony style touch. #sonyxperiaxz3 #sonyxz3 #stylecovertouch ...
One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Style Cover Touch SCTF10 for Xperia XZ3

I got the Sony Ericsson XZ3 and thought I splash out on a cover, 

I've purchased the 

Style Cover Touch SCTH70 for Xperia XZ3

Nice cover and all but the front camera hole on the cover does not match up with the lens on the phone.

Is there a reason for this of a manufacturing problem? 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Re: Style Cover Touch SCTF10 for Xperia XZ3

Hello!

I Think this is done by intent. This is not a problem but a feature.

You just have to open the cover to use the cam.

I don´t get the problem.

With the cover you can be shure that nobody ist using front camera until you open the cover. Nice security feature. I bought this cover and I´m glad, that the camera is covered.

I would prefer a solution with the main camera is coverd by a lid too.

Kind regards

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I have just received my SCTH70 cover from Sony mobile and the front camera is covered up. What is the point in a clear cover and then cover the camera ?