account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony XZ3 screen edge sensitivity

Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony XZ3 screen edge sensitivity

I am having trouble with the edge sensitivity of the bottom left hand side particularly. The diagnostic is a bit basic and is a fat line so hard to pinpoint a position . Is there any other way to calibrate. Typing is becoming a nightmare. I've turned off Edge sensitivity and it's now really bad. Something tells me that it is not a fault in as much as it works ok some days and others it's jumpy. I touch one spot for instance an up vote thumbs up the down vote to the side will activate. When I did the sony screen test I did see where I'd touched it jump about 2cm diagonal. The phone is spotless no grease etc. I've not got  screen film on it either. It's about a week old.  Nothing is touching multi point either like a finger on the edge . Any ideas? 

5 REPLIES 5
Pioneer
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sony XZ3 screen edge sensitivity

How are you holding your device? Is it possible that you activate the screen?

Do you have glove mode set to on?

Does it happen in safe mode too?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Apprentice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi

Thanks for the reply  

No it's very predictable. 

If you put it flat on the desk and type it will still be difficult  

Glove mode is off. 

I've not tried in safe mode but putting the side sense on definitely makes a difference. It fixes the problem to a degree but literally is impossible to use as it's activating too much. 

I'm sure there is a sweet spot but to now I cannot tune down between on and off of the side sense. 

Regards 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I have the same issue in Youtube fullscreen it is so hard to press the vertical 3 dots icon on the top right in horizontal position. I have never had so much trouble getting a phone to respond except XZ3. It also freezes in certain apps such as Wechat where nothing I do elicits a response from the phone, but I can only exit to home screen and enter again. I want to like this phone, but the touch response in certain programs is really ruining it for me.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yes exactly  the same symptoms .Either after years of typing I've become bad at spelling as well. Or just maybe the sensitivity of the keyboard isn't quite right. 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Same issue here. Very annoying