account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Some apps don't fill the screen

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Some apps don't fill the screen

Just bought a XZ3 and I notice not all apps (spotify e.g.) are actually filling the screen. My Samsung S8 had an option to forcefully fix this.
There is no such option on the XZ3. Please provide such an option, because some critical apps I need are now a serious eye sore.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Some apps don't fill the screen

As more phones have this type of screen layout, most apps will start to be developed for that size. 
So given time ones like spotify will conform 

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

That's odd, I use Spotify and it's filling the entire screen.

Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Seriously? You don't have the small black bar just above then navigation buttons?

Can you post a screenshot?

BQEbgcnu.jpg

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

You're right actually, there is a thin line above the navbuttons. I never even noticed it, it's not that big Slightly smiling Face

But yeah, I googled it and it's an issue with Spotify. Now that the Pixel 3 is out, I'm sure all developers will add support for long screens.

I think this line is just the difference in size of the navigation buttons on Android 8 and 9. I' m holding the XZ Premium next to it and that seems just about right. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Full screen mode

Moin zusammen, 

Seit dem letzten Update zeigt mein XZ3

Im vollbild Modus bei der Video Wiedergabe immer die Navigationsbar an. 

Frage;

Wie bekomme ich die Einstellungen wieder geändert, so dass diese wieder ausgeblendet ist 

Good morning,

Since the last update shows my XZ3

In full screen mode during video playback always on the navigation bar.

Question;

How can I change the settings again, so that it is hidden again

gt

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Can u hide the navigation bar?

After the update the navigation bar is locked on the bottom and is visable in some apps like chrome for example .. 

It's anoying when I stream to tv 

A large white bar is set on the right side of my TV.

Please how can u hide it again like it was straight out of the box even factory reset wont help. 

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Video on Chrome

When playing a video on Chrome and going to full screen, the control keys do not disappear like when watching on YouTube for example.