account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Some Settings Are Missing

Adept
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Some Settings Are Missing

I found that some settings are not available with XZ3 (Hongkong Edition), such as:

• How to configure the system icon (wifi, clock, battery, etc)
  • How to enable Xperia Keyboard
  • How to apply theme
  • How to 2 tap to sleep (turn off display)

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Some Settings Are Missing

It's not that these settings are missing, it's more that they aren't meant to be there:

Configuring system icons and Tap to sleep is not part of Android an was never available on an Xperia.

Themes have been discontinued with Android 9 on any new device due to lack of usage.

The Xperia keyboard is long gone and was replaced with SwiftKey. 

Adept
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

• System icon setting does Android feature, it is on UI Tuner (but I can't find it's menu on Xperia XZ3)
  • 2 Tap to sleep was available Sir, how long have you use Xperia? 
  • Ok then theme is RIP
  • Xperia keyboard still better and much lighter for me than SwiftKey
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@sangprabv wrote:
  • System icon setting does Android feature, it is on UI Tuner (but I can't find it's menu on Xperia XZ3)
  • 2 Tap to sleep was available Sir, how long have you use Xperia? 
  • Ok then theme is RIP
  • Xperia keyboard still better and much lighter for me than SwiftKey

UI Tuner is not a setting but a hidden feature. Most companies, e.g. Samsung and LG, block it completely. In Android 9 its activation changed, if allowed by the brand.

You can try to enable it by following the guide: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/enable-system-ui-tuner-android-9-0-pie-remove-status-bar-icon...

I'm using Xperia since the X1 in 2008 and I've never encountered Tap-to-sleep. Tap-to-wake was available for the Z-range but not tap-to-sleep. Could be that I missed this feature somehow but it's definitely not available for the XZ3. There probably is an app that does the same in the store, though.

Might be that Xperia Keyboard is better for you but it's not available for current devices anymore.
There are several dozens keyboard in the store, you might find a better one there. I often hear GBoard should be good. I like Swiftkey so I've never tried something else.

Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Regarding the UI Tuner I found a small app in Playstore as it shortcut. But unfortunately I have sold my XZ3, not a real flagship for me

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

You can get Xperia keyboard back of you're lucky,  you have to go to play store,  check my apps and games and it's quite likely it'll be in there did you to redownload.

Worked nicely for me.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

For you, not did you,  sorry.