account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Smart lock XZ3

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Smart lock XZ3

Hello,

My previous smartphones was Z3 compact and Z5 dual.

Both of them had  a choice to lock the screen by clicking twice on the screen and if you wanted to enable the screen to see what time it was or to unlock it you just clicking on the screen twice again.

In my new phone I can't find the option to enable it or it doesn't exist. 

Does anybody know how to do this in order not to push all the time the power button? 

Thanks a lot! 

4 REPLIES 4
Pioneer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart lock XZ3

@takouklis

These options, called Double Tap to wake (DTTW) and Double tap to sleep (DTTS) are no longer present.

You're not the only one who misses it.

The manual has some usefull information or maybe smart backlight control in combination with a shorter screen wake time may be an option for you.

There are other options to open the screen, for instance magnetic opening induced by a little magnet in the cover.

I don't know if it reacts upon touching the fingerprint scanner.

If you want to learn about some other options of shiny phone then watch this.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@takouklisgo to Settings > Lock screen & security > Lock screen preferences > Ambient display and set it to either Always on, or Smart activation. in Always on, double tapping the screen will show you the lock screen, while in Smart activation double tapping will turn on ambient display with its clock and notification icon, and after double tapping again will show the lock screen.

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

First of all, thank you for your reply! 

OK the unlock screen way by tapping twice but The main <problem>for me is how to lock the screen without push all the time the power button.

I want to lock the screen by tapping twice exactly the same way as my old phones.

This feature is one of the best and quickest way to lock the screen.

And again, thanks a lot for all for your replies! 

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your reply! 

I saw the video you suggest me and I had already discovered these options.

Sony in some way must fix this option (DTTS) or enable that feature because it is the best and quickest way to lock the screen (as I has already said in another reply).

Thanks again !