account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen stays on with music

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Screen stays on with music

I'm having issues with my phone, when I'm listening to music, the screen doesn't "sleep" or even darken unless I press the lock button when I'm on the home screen. I've scoured all settings I can think to change but no success as yet.  Any tips? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Screen stays on with music

@Kitten24do you have Smart backlight enabled? you can check in Settings > Display > Advanced > Smart backlight control.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I do, would that stop the screen going to "sleep" when I'm listening to music? 

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Kitten24it makes the phone keep the screen on if it detects that it's being held upright. the easiest way to check if that's what's happening would be to disable the setting for a while and check if anything changes.

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I'll give it a try, thanks.