account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

SD Card for Sony XZ3

Adviser
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

SD Card for Sony XZ3

Hi, only had my Sony xz3 a few months before IPhones. 

Would you mind advising me on the following.

Regarding SD Memory cards. What is a good one with a fair lot of GB, do I buy  micro SD memory card, as some are ultra, am assuming it’s the micro I need.

i do take lots of photos. So in your expertise what kind should I be buying, confused with ultra by the way.

would like a good web site etc that maybe you buy yours and proven to be very good, any links appreciated.

kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: SD Card for Sony XZ3

Surely someone on here can help me please 😳

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: SD Card for Sony XZ3

Hi @Michelle65! Slightly smiling Face

The Xperia XZ3 supports the following cards and sizes.

• microSD™ card, microSDHC, microSDXC
  • Max capacity of external slot: Up to 512 GB

Type of microSD cards

TypeCapacityFile formatSpeed Class
microSDup to 2 GBFAT12/162, 4, 6
Speed Class is not mandatory for SD cards
microSDHC
(SD High Capacity)
above 2 GB and up to 32 GBFAT322, 4, 6, 10, and UHS
Speed Class is mandatory for SDHC cards
microSDXC
(SD eXtended Capacity)
above 32 GB and up to 2 TBexFAT2, 4, 6, 10, and UHS
Speed Class is mandatory for SDXC cards

In the market where I'm situated (The Nordics) the 128 GB SD cards are the ones with the most value (price vs storage) but this may be different in your market, but in general the big price jump is when going from 128 GB SD cards to 256 GB cards (or even bigger).

Since you are planning to store photos on the SD card, I would recommend going for an SD card with speed class 10 and UHS 1 or 3 (UHS 2 is not supported in our devices), just in case you want to record videos directly to the SD card later on, you may as well go with one that offers a higher write speed rather than having to buy a new one, just for this purpose.

If you aren't familiar with SD cards, it's look like a big jungle as there are so many different cards to choose from, but if you visit a regular store that sell smart phones and other electronic devices, you can always ask an employee there and they will point you in the right direction.

I hope that clears some things up and have a great weekend! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.