account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

SD Card Issues

Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

SD Card Issues

Spotify wasn't working on my phone or PlayStation so restarted both of them. 

When I turned my phone back on I had a notification saying issue with sd card and I had to format it. But a large portion of my pictures had disappeared and this has never happened before. How do I get all my pictures back?? 

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: SD Card Issues

@CheeseNCherries 

I'm sorry to hear that but if you reformated the SD card you can't restore them. You could try RECUVA (on your computer) but chances are really low.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I haven't formatted it yet. I've taken it out put it back in and it still says the same thing. I have restarted my phone loads of times before and this has never happened. Where have my pictures gone? I haven't got a computer I've only got a tablet and a PlayStation 4

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@CheeseNCherries 

Could you test the SD card with a different phone, perhaps its corrupted. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

It does say its corrupted when I check storage on this phone but I don't want to put it in another phone to risk losing all of my pictures all together.

Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I've had this sd card in this phone since Oct last year and this is the first time it has done this .

Emperor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@CheeseNCherries 

if you insert the SD card on any other device it shouldn't delete your pictures unless you reformat the SD card. 

Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Ok so I put the sd card into my old phone and it still says the same thing and there are none of the pictures that have disappeared. I've put it back into this phone and I can format it or back it up.

Do you know of anything I can do to get the old pictures back? 

Emperor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

@CheeseNCherries 

If you find an adapter to connect the SD card directly with your computer you could use RECUVA to restore the files. 

I find it odd that the all the pictures are gone, are ALL the files gone or just the pictures?

Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I have a card reader and my bf is bringing me his laptop on Friday. I got this phone last October and all that's missing is every picture taken before last October.