account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Real improvement in camera software

One time poster
Message 41 of 49
Message 41 of 49

Re: Real improvement in camera software

Man this happens now and then. I get very noisy pics at times even during Moderately lit conditions. But most of the time ,the pics are good. When I start to get a noisy picture, it will be like that for a few clicks more. It then disappears after some time.

The noise I'm talking about is mostly when you click a person's face. When you zoom in, it looks like small thin colored worms make up the image. 

So some handsets maybe defective. And regarding software, I've done repair installations. 

Message 42 of 49
Message 42 of 49

After 3 months of usage and capturing many photos may first impression stands:

The camera is capable of taking great shots, very impressive is the colour accuracy and the amount of detail in the photo.

The detail is achieved by using a higher ISO rather than a longer exposure and barely filtering any noise.

When I compare the photos with the Note 9, Samsung has a stronger filtering which gets rid of the noise but also of fine details in the process.

I'm still pleased with the results, the camera is definitely among the best smartphone cameras of 2018. Also, the dedicated camera button is a feature that I don't want to miss.

Regarding the users complaining about noisy or grainy photos in some cases: I found that once the phone switches to HDR the photo in the end looks kind of "upscaled", like when a TV upscales SD to HD resolution. I assume that -due to the lack of an OIS- the merging of the two individual photos is not perfect.

Veteran
Message 43 of 49
Message 43 of 49

I see that yellowish tint is still on Sony's night pics.
So sad they didn't fix this one so far. 

Highlighted
Message 44 of 49
Message 44 of 49

@azzido wrote:

I see that yellowish tint is still on Sony's night pics.
So sad they didn't fix this one so far. 

Sorry, but I disagree. There is no yellowish tint if there is no yellowish light.

Typically dark scenes have a artificial lightsource somewhere which often has a yellow hue and then the photo gets a warm colour tone.

If there is no yellowish lightsource then the photos don't get a warm tone.

There is even a thread from a user who claims that his night photos are not yellowish enough:
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Camera/52-0-A-3-126-Photo-cold-Color-temperature/m-p/1357757#M6074

Here are two photos I've taken, one in total darkness with only one lamp and one in the twilight. Both photos accurately captured the light and the colour tone of the scene, so no complaints from my side.

DSC_1856.JPGDSC_1858.JPG

Pioneer
Message 45 of 49
Message 45 of 49

In very dark situations the camera composes a very good picture.

I compared it to my son's Pixel the other day.

Sony is warm and shows a more real situation than Pixel.

However when you blow up your picture and compare then the coldish Pixel photo has more detail and you can see the software corrections introduced in the Xperia picture.

It is like impressionism paintings.

Go into the details and you'll see dots of paint and from a distance you will see a beautiful overall impression of the scene.

The Pixel picture is maybe more accurate in pixels but cannot render the nice Xperia impression of the situation.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Inhabitant
Message 46 of 49
Message 46 of 49

That yellowish tint it's from the yellowish lights Slightly smiling Face)

Try a nikon DSLR and you'll be amazed by the red/yello tint it has in night photos.

The WhiteBalance is a one click button and  it's making wodners if you don;t like to have warm colors at night

Apprentice
Message 47 of 49
Message 47 of 49

Mohli by  udělat software no fotak lepší když jse spojili z foti divizi 

They could make the software no photo better when I joined the photo division

gt

Learner
Message 48 of 49
Message 48 of 49

Almost all reviews are actually selling the phone and dont show the fact that xz3 or xz2p photos are full of noise.

The worst kind is taking human look photo in indoor, ths skin look like cancer.

Learner
Message 49 of 49
Message 49 of 49

Dxo score of xz3 is only 79 while other flagships are around 110 now.