account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Real improvement in camera software

Inhabitant
Message 21 of 49
Message 21 of 49

Re: Real improvement in camera software

It was a gift from my wife for our wedding day. She sought help from my brother who had his boss in the US and bought it from amazon there. That American guy handed it to my brother's collegue who was on business visa. He brought it to India. The money transfer was difficult. The transfer had to go through 3 different accounts before finally reaching the guy who paid for this set. 

My wife was very much excited to gift me a Sony device as she knew i was such a fan of it. 

All this excitement was followed by pure disappointment when i went to settings and checked for updates and it gave me no notifications when the October patch was already available. The camera made it worse. 

Current situation - I managed to get some better shots with the flash always on even in medium lit room.

Outside bright light shots are almost ok but these random shots that appear as if a person's face was spray painted(noise) and at the same time having oil paint effect on edges, are the ones that let me down. 

I would have returned the handset if there was any possible way. November 24th is the last date for the return window but since I'm in India now, i couldn't return a product to Amazon.com.

Message 22 of 49
Message 22 of 49

I, personally, am very pleased with how good the camera performs for my needs.

Landscape shots in daylight when mountainbiking or hiking are great, sharp and vibrant, and also shots in low light really  capture the reality without blowing the colours or the contrast.

Even with flash the photos are surprisingly good, in contrary to the S9 I had before where flash always overexposed the photo.

What I really like is how accurate the camera reproduces the colour and the lighting conditions of a scene.

What I do not like is that the camera saves the photos as DSC00### instead of using date and time which would be much more usable and avoid equally-named photos after moving photos or switching phones.

Inhabitant
Message 23 of 49
Message 23 of 49

I think it may be a defect on the hardware side for me. I'm getting some good shots now and then which are similar to the reviews. But at times even in well lit conditions, the noise do appear. 

The other thing i noted is that my Z2 handset takes well focused image even with shaky hands. But for the XZ3, a bit of shake blurs it to an extent. The video is good with eis though.

Anyway I'm a bit relieved to have the camera outputting some good images now.

Pioneer
Message 24 of 49
Message 24 of 49

What about taking some time to read the documentation.

What about enhancing your photographic abilities by learning how to make better pictures.

What about taking profit to the max from XZ3's outstanding capabilities.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 25 of 49
Message 25 of 49

Yes I'll look into it but could you please tell me why the pics that came along with the handset having ' taken with Xperia' on it doesn't have the details like iso, shutter speed etc? Are they really taken with xz3?

Pioneer
Message 26 of 49
Message 26 of 49

@Britexz3

Can't tell you why.

Pictures I take have full specs in the details like shutter speed et cetera plus camera that created the picture.

Pictures on WhatsApp only show date, width and heigth plus name.

Don't know where your pics came from or how information was filtered.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Inhabitant
Message 27 of 49
Message 27 of 49

The pics i take also has those details. I'm taking about the pics that came preinstalled. 

Message 28 of 49
Message 28 of 49

It might be region-related then.

I had no pictures preinstalled.

If it's those they use to advertise the XZ3 ( https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperia/photography/ ) I'm pretty sure the metadata has been removed in the process of using them as marketing material.

Inhabitant
Message 29 of 49
Message 29 of 49

I'm using US firmware. The pics came pre-installed. There were 6 or 7 pics. They all were good shots especially low light ones. 

Message 30 of 49
Message 30 of 49

I am having issues with the XZ3 camera as well. I have a dual sim phone on Taiwanese firmware 52.0.A.3.89 and im beginning to think this sensor is defective, its that bad. The grain in photos is unacceptble and results in weird coloring on faces and really really grainy effects everywhere. The low light video is even worse with multicolor pixel noise everywhere. Slow mo video is unusable its like watching a tv station full of static. Not sure what to do here...is it software, hardware? A defect?