account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Quick charger

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Quick charger

Hello again everyone and thanks a lot for your questions regarding if this is also applies to devices that are updated to Android 9.0 (Pie).

@SDR-1970, This does not apply to devices that are updated to Android 9.0 (Pie), they will keep the quick charge ability with for example, the UCH12W.

@Lukalumen, The Sony Xperia devices that are on the list and are updated to Android 9.0 (Pie) will continue to work with Sony quick chargers, so you don't have to worry if you have for example, an Xperia XZ2 or any other device that will receive Pie! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that clear things up and thanks again for your questions! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Hi Jonas,

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that all prior Xperia models before the XZ3 can be fast-charged wirelessly (even when they are updated to Pie), but the XZ3 cannot be fast-charged wirelessly at all? Is that correct?

Talent
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Yes that's what he is saying. 

Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

No, that's not what he is saying.

Qi Wireless fast charging is a separate standard from Qualcomm quickcharge. The device supports wireless fast charge as do all prior fast wireless charging XZ2.

What the restriction is, regarding fast charging is that QC2 or QC3 devices UPDATED to pie will still support those cable charging standards, however the XZ3 released with pie does not support the Qualcomm standard and instead supports only USB-PD as a fast cable charge method.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

I bought Anker PowerPort II with Power Delivery for my XZ3 & Anker PowerLine II 3ft USB-C to USB-C 3.1

It took 60 mins for the phone to charge from 0% to 75%. I had Battery Care On, not sure if that makes any difference!