account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Quick charger

Visitor
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Quick charger

Hallo, 

Ich habe noch ein Schnellladegerät (UCH12) von meinem alten Sony Xperia XZ, weiß jmnd ob ich das Ladegerät auch für das XZ3 nehmen kann?

Danke im Voraus Slightly smiling Face 

Hello,

I still have a quick charger (UCH12) from my old Sony Xperia XZ, jmnd know if I can take the charger for the XZ3 too?

Thank you in advance Slightly smiling Face

gt

14 REPLIES 14
Pioneer
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Schnellladegerät

You can go to Google translate to translate.

The forum is in English language.

You could do others a favour by writing in English.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Re: Quick charger

Yes, you can use it, it's perfectly compatible.

XZ, XZ Premium, XZ1, XZ1 Compact, XZ2, XZ2 Premium, XZ3, they are all compatible with Quickcharge 3.0.

Talent
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

XZ3 does not support Quick charge 3.0

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Erm, yes it does. 

Adviser
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

No it does not. It only supports USB PD. Tried it with a QC3.0 charger, slow charging speeds. With a PD, fast as a qc3.0

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Hello everyone!

What @iArvee wrote is correct, since Google has chosen to only support the Power Delivery (PD) charging solution for Android 9.0 Pie. Since Xperia XZ3 is launching with Android 9.0, Sony has created a compatible PD charger that will be available from early 2019.

You can still use your UCH10/UCH12/UCH12W to charge the device, but you will not be able to take advantage of Qualcomm Quick charge 2.0/3.0 on the Xperia XZ3.

I hope that helps and answers your questions!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Does this apply to the XZ2 too? 

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

So all the phones that were officially on the list supported by Qualcomm will just not work with it after the Android 9 update?

I wouldn't be surprised Google is the reason for destroying other functionality on phones too, like double tap to wake, side fingerprint scanner, Xperia Actions...?

Please make a quiet wireless charger too, while you're at it Slightly smiling Face

I want to buy it from Sony and not some third party, but it seems it too loud to be useful. Thanks

Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@SDR-1970 wrote:

Does this apply to the XZ2 too? 

I don't think so, I've seen no reports of slow charging after pie update tbh.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.