account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

OTA Update

SOLVED
PCK
Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

OTA Update

I have bought xz3 taiwanese version ( H9493) shipped to India

Currently I'm using the mobile in India

Will I be able to get OTA updates in India?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: OTA Update

Hi @PCK!

You can see the customization of the software if you open up the Phone application > type in *#*#7378423#*#* > Service info > Software info > "Customization version". The first 8 digits here are the CDA that you can see in the picture that @skycamefalling posted.

For example, if it says 1316-2331 it's the Hong Kong customized software in your device.

Keep in mind that software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we/I cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Yes, your phone will receive the OTA updates meant for the H9493 version for Taiwan.

No matter where the phone is, it will pull the updates for its native region from the server.

PCK
Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hello SCF

Thanks a lot. Your reply is very helpful 

But my Security patch level is still of Feb 2019

So i was curious if i will get ota in India.

Thanks for the clarification 

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

According to Xperifirm, the Taiwan Variant should be on 52.0.A.8.14.
Unbenannt.PNG

PCK
Regular
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

But mine is 52.0.A.3.202

How do I know whether my phone is Hongkong version or Taiwan version ?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi @PCK!

You can see the customization of the software if you open up the Phone application > type in *#*#7378423#*#* > Service info > Software info > "Customization version". The first 8 digits here are the CDA that you can see in the picture that @skycamefalling posted.

For example, if it says 1316-2331 it's the Hong Kong customized software in your device.

Keep in mind that software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we/I cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.