account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

No one can hear me

Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

No one can hear me

Good morning this is he third Sony xz3 handset i have had now and everytime had the same problem , speaking to someone on a call and suddenly they can't hear me. Have to hang up and start again. Getting sooooo frustrated as it's a lovely phone. Hardware test passed.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: No one can hear me

@stevemavindoes the screen switch itself off when you put your phone to your face during the phone call? perhaps you're accidentally pressing the mic button with your cheek.

Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

looks like the screen turns off when i put the phone to my face

One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

The people I'm calling can't hear me

Hi. I bought a XZ3 and although the volume is on max, both on speaker and not the person the other end can't hear me. I saw on another thread that the advice was to wear the earphones to make calls but that is not acceptable  

One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Re: The people I'm calling can't hear me

@CD53 wrote:

Hi. I bought a XZ3 and although the volume is on max, both on speaker and not the person the other end can't hear me. I saw on another thread that the advice was to wear the earphones to make calls but that is not acceptable  

They can't hear me either  I've had to call my friend back 6 times! It is totally unacceptable to say use earphones. I hope an answer arrives soon  

Pioneer
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Read the user guide, try every step from top to bottom and report if and what helped you.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Microphone

A volte capita  Che mentre parlo durante una chiamata,non mi sentono piu, mentre io li sento  e allora devo chiudere la chiamata e richiamare 

Sometimes it happens that while I'm talking during a call, they do not hear me anymore, while I hear them and then I have to close the call and call back

gt

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

The same here, and if I'm not wrong is after 10 minutes the person on the other side stop listening. But the worst thing is that anyone from Sony replied yet to this question. There's a few questions about this subject and there's no answer. It's unacceptable for a phone so advanced and so expensive to have this issue. I hope someone sees this and helps us, otherwise no more Sony for me. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have the same problem. During the call the other side sometimes can't hear me. I have sent the phone to service, came back, but the problem is still here.... 

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I had the same issue with you, sadly it's only gotten worse for me. The problem is the main microphone located at the bottom of the phone, next to the USB port. At the beginning my friends told me that I was sounding like I was some distance away from the phone and now they can't hear me at all. The secondary microphone (at the top) which is enabled when I use the loudspeaker works fine though, so I am at the point that I can only call using the loudspeaker. Not just that, the main microphone disfunctions in general not only in calls. It doesn't record audio when shooting videos (only the top microphone does, thus the audio comes out only from the one speaker)  or when recording audio through Sony's Audio recorder app. It also fails the media test everytime on Sony's Support app. Up until now I thought it was a hardware issue with my device but after searching more on the forums it turns out there is an amount of people with the same problem as us. So I think that it could be software related. How can inform the Xperia devs about this directly? It will take ages to fix this (if they even read the forums) if we just leave it at the forum.