account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lock after restart

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Lock after restart

When I restarted my device XZ3, I failed entering passcode. And then, inputting the word "SONY" was required to unlock the device, however, I was unable to enter the word because only numeric keyborad was available. Therefore, I repaired my device with Xperia companion.
For the next time when I failed entering passcode after restarting device, I would like to know how to use word keyboard.Screenshot_20181019-150934.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lock after restart

What happens if you hold the keys down?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply.

Nothing happened on holding the key down.

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Are you tapping on the line below the word Sony?

Can you screenshot the text entry you get come up.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Yes, I tapped.

When I try to take the screenshot, the keyboard is hidden so I can not take it.