account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Is this normal XZ3 build quality?

Apprentice
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Is this normal XZ3 build quality?

IMG_20181009_123333.jpg

Image tells it all:

Light coming thru between screen and body.

Is my new phone still dust and water resistant?

Should i take it back to store?

I came to this site to seek support from Sony and first support what i found was "ask from other users" so here i am.

22 REPLIES 22
Learner
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Re: Is this normal XZ3 build quality?

not sure but this looks like light is bleeding from the back of device.

I know it's hard to show, but is it possible to point where exactly light coming out?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

So you cant see that picture?

Learner
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.

the photo is so dark that I can't really see where light is coming out or the angle of device.

so I'd just like to see the whole device under bright light. I know we can't see the bleeding in this case but if it's taken with the same angle, I can see where the light comes from.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

Picture shows it clearly. 

Learner
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

Is ti about the thin line of light right under screen (upper) or blurred light below?
201810100902.jpg

Apprentice
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

Yes. Light comes thru between glass and aluminium body.

Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

You'll probably find that the light isn't leaking between the glass and aluminium, but is just the edge of the curved glass.

Oled panels only put light out of the pixels, facing forward, so there isn't any light to bleed through the frame if there was a gap.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Pioneer
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

Hi @Jeremu; like @viridis said I suppose in Oled displays there is no light under the display to come out, I think that what you are seeing and what the picture is showing is the reflection of the display edge light on the metallic frame.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

There is no same kind of bleed with my S8 or S9+. Does someone else have this kind of bleed with XZ3?