account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

HDR no longer playing

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

HDR no longer playing

Was showing a friend how good the screen is on this phone by looking at some 4k hdr content on YouTube,  problem is its no longer working .

Shevchenko you chuck the quality settings in YouTube it says it's showing hdr but the screen is displaying a normal picture. 

I've since downloaded a few hdr demo videos and again it isn't kicking into hdr mode.

Anybody any ideas ?

6 REPLIES 6
Pioneer
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: HDR no longer playing

Did you check the manual howto ?

Maybe the information is somewhere else.

Anyway, it is worthwhile checking out Support overview for XZ3

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply but the answer isn't there, this a "there one minute, gone the next"  situation. 

It always worked perfectly and I haven't changed any settings, weird.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Is nobody else having this issue with YouTube? 

If not then it has to be the phone even though I did a complete restore yesterday.

Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Not my end, I'm still seeing the HDR option show and the videos look great.

I'd suggest trying in safe mode, but it could be a codec gone dodgy.

Try backing it up in Xperia companion, then doing a repair installation. That should rewrite the codec and fix it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I still get the hdr option in the quality list but I'm not getting hdr, still very good picture but not hdr, I did the repair yesterday,  didn't help.

Thanks for checking though .

Rookie
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

same for me(h8416)unable to play any hdr local files. but youtube works. may be codec problems....