account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Flashing a 9436 firmware in a 9493

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Flashing a 9436 firmware in a 9493

Hello,

I have the xz3 from taiwan and due to lack of updates, I was thinking about flashing a 9436 firmware ( maybe Central Europe) in it, but the question is about the 2Gb extra from 9493. Am I going to loose it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: Flashing a 9436 firmware in a 9493

Great to hear Slightly smiling Face

I wouldn't flash the firmware for another model either. Another region for the same model is one thing but changing between different models seems risky that something won't work, especially the warranty.

But since you've got an update I assume you don't think of flashing anymore Slightly smiling Face

7 REPLIES 7
Pioneer
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

I wouldn't dare to do so.

Good chance of messing things up.

Maybe the are some heroes on XDA who can help you.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Adviser
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Well, for my surprise, I received a big update today . My phone jumped from 52.0.A.3.123 to 52.0.A.3.202.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Great to hear Slightly smiling Face

I wouldn't flash the firmware for another model either. Another region for the same model is one thing but changing between different models seems risky that something won't work, especially the warranty.

But since you've got an update I assume you don't think of flashing anymore Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Sorry please can you tell me where i can find official international firmware for sony xperia xz3 h8416 single sim. I am stuck in November security patch without further ota. I am stuck in 52.0.A.3.84 and also instructions on flashing 

Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I checked the latest firmwares using xperifirm and I suppose your  phone is from France, Boygues Telecom, isn't it? I think in this case you have to wait for an update from Boygues ... you could also flash another firmware from another region, but Flashtool ( google it, if you don't know )  still don't have support to xz3. Another option ( caution ) is using newflasher. There is a tutorial on xda, I'm not sure.

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I. Can't even download any firmware using xperia firmware .It keeps showing the latest firmware but displaying unavailable for download  Then if i am able to download customized uk will i get ota

Pioneer
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@Owodiran2

Did you try the first options there are?

-Goto settings and type software update.

Check if an update is available.

- check the Sonymobile update page

--check the Support App in your device

-Use Xperia Companion to do a software update.

- last but not least: you can do a software repair using Xperia companion.

And: it is not always necessary to be upfront as long as your device is functioning well.

And if it isn't, in most cases malfunctioning is caused by misbehaving apps.

Best performance is achieved by doing a software repair with Xperia companion and NOT restoring apps from backup.

Just install the most notably necessary apps for you, nothing more.

You will be rewarded with a clean and lean machine which is performing like new.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't